Current NML PhD students (left to right in the photo): Jacob Fritchie, Kholod Mahmood, Jianxin Zhou, John Leland, Ming Fang, Prof. Angela Di Fulvio, Zhiuha Liu (not shown).
Current NML undergraduate research assistants: Anthony Leja, Olivia Stojak, Jennifer Oribello, Alex Sung, Markus Tam.
The mission of the NML group is to advance the state-of-the-art in radiation measurements for security and medical applications, with a focus on neutron detection. Current research focuses on inference imaging for nuclear safeguards and includes the development of radiation detection systems based on scintillators and superheated emulsions, together with their readout electronics and data processing algorithms.
Angela Di Fulvio, Assistant Professor, NML Director
Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy, 2011
M.S. Bioengineering, University of Pisa, Italy, 2007
Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
116 Talbot Laboratory, 104 S. Wright St, Urbana, IL 61801
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 (217) 300-3739
NML graduate alumni:
- Matthew Weiss (MSc Thesis 2022, Unmixing Algorithms and Materials for Radiation Detection in Harsh Environments).
- Michael Carr (MSc Thesis 2021, Production Methods of Radiation-sensitive Ultrasound Contrast Agents and their Response to Neutron Irradiation) .
- Natalie Gaughan (MSc Thesis 2020, Characterization of Deuterated Stilbene: An Organic Scintillator for Neutron Spectroscopy).
- Daniel Arizaga (MSc Thesis 2020, Experimental Validation of the Simulation-Based Shielding Design of the UIUC Neutron Metrology Laboratory).
- Ming Fang (MSc Thesis 2019, Algorithms for Nuclear Data Analysis Applied to Safety and Materials).
NML undergraduate alumni:
- Noah Rebei
- Stuti Surani
- Muzzamil Siddiqui